There are several instances where you might have encountered a locked garage door. If you are constantly pressing the remote or even the button of your garage door and nothing happens, your garage door is locked. There could be a plethora of reasons due to which such instances might happen. For starters, your opener might malfunction, or the entire radio signal is jammed for some reason.
Under such circumstances, our recommendation always goes with taking assistance from a professional. Although, in this article, we are going to discuss some of the best practices through which you can get out of such situations.
Manually Opening the Garage Door
Whether you are using custom garage doors Las Vegas or a stock one, you can always make sure of the manual release. It can really come handy, in case you lost control over your remote. Some of the most common reason behind locked garage door is a power outage. It can restrict the opener to operate your garage door seamlessly. But, at the same time, knowing the right way, you can always open the garage door from both inside and outside.
The majority of the garage door openers actually comes with a manual release mechanism, which can be easily accessed from inside the garage door. As for the older models, you can find an external handle that is located at the bottom of the garage door. Either way, you can still get around your garage door.
Manually Opening Your Garage Door from Inside
In case, you want to manually open your garage door from inside, down below is a list of the correct procedure:
- At first, unlock the door: Look at the outside of the door. If there is any latch or switch, make sure to unlock the same. Make sure that they shouldn’t create any hindrance while manually opening the garage door.
- Keep the entire garage door in a closed position: Your garage door shouldn’t be opened even one inch. This, in turn, will you to prevent any injuries that could have occurred otherwise. This will also help you to seamlessly open the garage door.
- Disconnect any power supply from the opener: There should be absolutely no power within in garage door. Unplug the door from the opener. In case there is a battery, you can disconnect the same as well. In case the power comes back, there can be significant injuries.
- Find the red emergency release cord: Due to the red color, the emergency release cord can easily pop in front of your eyes. You can find it hanging from the railing or at the center track. Again, make sure that the garage door is properly closed.
- Now pull the emergency cord: After you have located the emergency release cord, make sure that you pull it in the downward direction. This way, you can disconnect the trolley and the opener. And will enable you to open the garage door manually.
- Opening the Garage Door: instead of using brute force, make sure to pull the garage door up straight. Now, make sure that the garage door is pulled all the way up. If you want you can take assistance from someone else, you can do the same as well. Just make sure that the door is properly secured in one place.
- Moving the door back: Once you have taken out your important items, be very careful to close the garage door. Since there is no power, the garage door will fall right away, along with its entire weight.
Using a Wi-Fi Enabled Opener
Now, there is certainly wrong with operating the garage door manually. But, with the weight of the garage doors increasing, it can really become a hindrance. One of the best ways around the same is to use battery backup systems. This is something that can really come handy in case you live in an area that is prone to frequent blackouts.
Further including, there are several instances where the system with radio frequency might fail to work. This is where there is a need to use a Wi-Fi-enabled garage door opener. These smart garage door openers can be used with the help of a tablet or even a tablet. At the same time, monitor your garage door and operate it even when you are not around. In other words, smart garage door openers offer a ton of versatility on the table.
Opting for Replacing Your Locks
In case you have manually locked your garage door, your garage door opener will not work. Under such circumstances, the best way around is to take assistance from a locksmith. They can provide you with the right solution either by replacing or repairing the lock. Sometimes we also tend to forget something as trivial to a manual door.
Under other circumstances, a garage door technician can also help. With a better understanding of the garage door, they can provide you with better insights. In case, if you can’t open your garage door even manually, there is something wrong with the mechanism. Sometimes the spring might be broken, or anything else. A trusted advisor can help you to overcome the situation while making sure for the seamless functionality of your garage door.
Call the Professionals at Silver Fox Garage Door Repair
In case you have a hard time following up on the instructions, we here at Silver Fox garage Door can take the rest. Our state of the art garage door repair service Las Vegas will ensure the utmost quality like none other. We provide the privilege to our customers to get in touch with us 24/7 around the clock. With our emergency garage door service, you can rest assured to avail of our repairs at any time of the day. We also make sure to provide our customers with authentic products by working directly with all the major manufacturers and suppliers. So, what are you waiting for? If your garage door is giving you a hard time, make sure to get in touch with Silver Fox Garage Door Repair.