It is imperative to understand that overhead storage can really come handy at the time of time. This is especially applicable if you are working on a constrained space or have a small garage door in general. Getting quality garage doors Las Vegas can really help you to make more room out of your garage. That is why it makes a ton of sense to actually opt for one.
We also understand that making the right decision can really get mindboggling at times. That is why we have properly curated this article to make sure that you get the most out of your garage door.
Different Types of Overhead Storage for Garage Door
When it comes to overhead storage for your garage, there are a plethora of options to choose from. Neither less to say, not every other storage option might be the right fit for you. So, in this section, we are going to discuss some of the most common overhead storage to choose from:
1) Traditional Overhead Racks
For the majority of the times, you can actually find traditional overhead racks made out of wood, ABS plastics, or even metals. They are very easy to attach over the ceiling using four posts. Generally, the arms are mounted to provide added support for whatever to whatever you put above the rack.
You can easily expect almost 2-4 feet of storage space throughout the rack, based on the model you choose. There are also a variety of sizes and the overall storage space. Now, if you are someone who likes to discard everything to their garage, a traditional overhead is just the perfect fit for you.
2) Bike Storage Racks
As much as the idea of cycling might be intuitive, it is very difficult to find the right place to store them. But with a bike rack, you can get the perfect opportunity to store the bike along with added sports ware. That being said, bike racks generally weigh as little as 50 pounds.
Sometimes you can also find an overhead storage solution, where you can add custom mounts. They can really come handy, where you can actually keep your bicycle underneath them. As much as the name suggests, these types of racks can be used for all sorts of storage, including backpacks, skateboards, and whatnot.
3) Storage Hooks
If you are looking forward to the most basic storage solution for your garage door, storage hooks are the right choice to opt for. It comes with a pretty simple installation. All you need to do is drill up a hole and then insert the hook. Now, just bear in mind that these kinds of storage solutions are not well suited for heavier items.
In case you are planning to hook your bike, just don’t. On the contrary, they can come real hand if you want to organize your garage. You can easily hang your additional clothes, padlocks, and even use them for decorations. Now, the only reason storage hooks are popular is that they are extremely easy to install. Lastly, you can actually get them in dirt-cheap of a price.
What are the Things to Consider While Getting an Overhead Storage?
Just because you have got an overall idea of the different types of storage, you can’t buy them right away. After making up your mind on the type of storage, there are other considerations to be made as well. For starters, if you are running on a constrained budget, you can certainly opt for a plastic one.
Now, that being said, here are some of the most common aspects you need to consider before getting overhead storage for the garage:
- How big is enough for you: First thing first, you need to have a clear understanding of the total area you are working on. Certainly, you can easily cut some corners and get a smaller one. But that the same time, it won’t be able to serve the right purpose. This way, you might again end up cluttering your garage door like before.
- Make room for your head: A little word of advice, it is never fun to hit your head over and over again on a metal rack. So, make sure to consider the overall height of your garage door, and the height of the rack as well. Pay close attention that you don’t hang it low enough.
- The overall weight capacity: Based on the size and material of the rack, it comes with different weight capacities. So, while getting a rack, you need to consider two-weight distributions. For the first one, you need to make sure that you don’t overweight the rack itself. Simultaneously for the latter one, your garage ceiling should also be able to withstand the weight.
- Look for the material you choose: Now, as for the material, it all comes down to personal preference. You should be well aware of the kinds of storage you shall be using. As for us, we would recommend getting a steel rack. The wood, on the other hand, can improve the curb appeal. Now, if you want to go cheap, there’s always plastic for you.
- What you are going to store: As stated earlier, your choice heavily depends upon what you are going to store over the rack in the first place.
If you are still skeptical about finding the right overhead storage, we here at Silver Fox Garage Door can provide you with the right assistance. Neither less to say, our top of the line garage door repair Las Vegas ensures that you get the most value out of our services.
Neither less to say, all of our certified professionals have a deeper understanding of garage doors. With our garage door opener repair Las Vegas, your garage door will operate for years to come. We have also made our customer care readily available 24/7 around the clock. So, what are you waiting for? Get in touch with Silver Fox Garage Door Repair and get affordable quotes on overhead storage.